About me

I have over 20 years of experience and success in the creation of high quality artwork designed to withstand the rigours of the public space. Works have been in 3 dimensions, as well as ground and wall based relief. Over the years I have made new works for town centres, community gardens, public recreation grounds, local authority buildings, housing association developments as well as libraries, hospitals and health centres.

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Castelford Piece Nearing Completion


The foundation has now been laid and I am currently preparing to install the finished piece. I've spent the past 3 days building the base... I'll spend the next few days pointing it.

Hopefully I will be installing in about a fortnight.

The base is built on a 15mm steel plate. It will be lifted into place by HiAb. Using my gantry today I tested the lift. The piece weighs just over half a ton. I was slightly apprehensive about the lift but so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment